Today’s How Many COVID 19 Cases in US
Today’s 09 June, 2020 – Total how many COVID 19 Cases in US are more than 1,960,897 people. and more than 110,990 people have recorded deaths. According to WHO live updates, the Total number of recovered cases in US are 518,522 Keep visiting this blog to know live tracking of how many COVID 19 Cases in US daily. According to the latest statics shown below, COVID-19 has spread to more than 200 countries and territories. We Update Cornonavirus COVID-19 live case statistics on the behalf of WHO (WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION) and relevant countries’ national health organizations announcements.
Total How Many COVID 19 Cases in US:
Track Live statistics and total COVID 19 Cases in US:
|Total Confirmed Cases||Total Deaths||Total Recovered||Total Active|
09 June, 2020 – Today’s How Many COVID 19 Cases in US:
Track Live statistics and today’s new COVID 19 Cases in US:
|Total Active||New Cases||New Death||New Recovered|
REPORT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) CASES OF UNITED STATES
|New York||379,902||29,918||283,381||[view by county]    |
|New Jersey||161,764||11,711||132,407||[view by county] |
|Illinois||120,260||5,390||52,885||   |
|California||112,584||4,240||84,576||[view by county] |
|Pennsylvania||76,222||5,578||22,454||[view by county] |
|Texas||64,899||1,686||20,790||[view by county] |
|Michigan||57,397||5,491||13,807||  |
|Florida||56,163||2,452||44,463||[view by county] |
|Louisiana||39,920||2,791||8,429||[view by county] |
|Ohio||35,553||2,162||27,355||[view by county]   |
|North Carolina||28,784||937||12,893||   |
|Tennessee||23,006||364||7,449||  |
|Washington||22,471||1,126||15,151||[view by county] |
|Wisconsin||18,403||592||6,165||     |
|Missouri||13,476||785||9,506||      |
|South Carolina||11,861||494||5,324|| |
|Kansas||9,827||217||5,231||      |
|District Of Columbia||8,801||466||7,219|||
|New Mexico||7,689||356||4,480|| |
|Montana||515||17||42||  |
|Northern Mariana Islands||22||2||4|||
|Puerto Rico||3,776||136||2,790||  |
|United States Virgin Islands||69||6||2|||
|Veteran Affairs||13,657||1,200||1,218||  |
|US Military||9,449||36||4,097|| |
|Grand Princess Ship||103||3||100|||
|Diamond Princess Ship||46||46|
Daily How Many COVID 19 Cases in US:
June 09, 2020,Tuesday
Today there are 17,250 new coronavirus cases and 482 new deaths in US whereas 12,155 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,960,897 and total recovered persons are 518,522.
June 6, 2020, Saturday
3,704 new cases and 88 new deaths in the US
June 05, 2020, Friday
25,393 new cases and 975 new deaths in the US
- NOTE: Michigan is now reporting probable COVID-19 cases and deaths. These are added to the confirmed ones in order to form the total, as per CDC guidelines. 5,014 probable cases and 239 probable deaths have been added to the Michigan total today. These have been redistributed historically based on Michigan’s confirmed trends. “Probable cases include individuals with COVID-19 symptoms and an epidemiologic link to confirmed COVID-19, but no diagnostic test” [source]
- NOTE: Suffolk County (New York State) reports 15,080 “individuals not previously tested for COVID-19 who have tested positive for antibodies.” [source] The county had started reporting antibody positives on May 8, so we have adjusted the time series as well. Following CDC guidelines, probable cases are added to confirmed cases to form the total case value. As indicated by other states: “Probable cases are those who test positive by other testing methods such as antibody or antigen, and have recent symptoms consistent with COVID-19, indicating a recent infection.” [source] Finally, since a positive antibody test indicates that the person had been infected and later recovered from COVID-19, the same value is being added to the recovered total count for the county.
June 04, 2020, Thursday
22,819 new cases and 1,032 new deaths in the US
June 03, 2020, Wednesday
20,798 new cases and 1,084 new deaths in the US
June 02, 2020, Tuesday
22,258 new cases and 1,136 new deaths in the US
June 01, 2020, Monday
22,411 new cases and 731 new deaths in the US
- NOTE from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health:
“Today, the Department of Public Health will begin reporting both confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases and deaths. This change is in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control to include “probable” COVID-19 cases and deaths in data collection and reporting efforts. This change will increase the number of cases and deaths reported in Massachusetts. Today’s newly reported totals are a result of a retrospective review of probable cases and deaths dating back to March 1, 2020.
- Probable cases are individuals who have not been tested by the standard viral (molecular) test. They have either 1) had a positive antibody test and either had COVID symptoms or were likely to be exposed to a positive case or 2) did not have an antibody test but had COVID symptoms and were known to be exposed to a positive case. Probable cases also include individuals whose death certificate listed COVID-19 as a cause of death but who were not tested.
Also included is data on the total number daily and cumulative COVID-19 antibody tests performed.
Antibody tests are blood tests used to determine if a person had COVID-19 in the past and now has antibodies against the virus.
Molecular, or viral, testing, which is performed by nasal swab, is conducted to determine if an individual is currently infected with COVID-19.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, DPH has reported on the number of confirmed cases and deaths that had a POSITIVE COVID-19 molecular test result.” [source]
May 31, 2020, Sunday
- 20,350 new cases and 638 new deaths in the US
NOTE on today’s large increase in recoveries. Illinois has added Recoveries to their dashboard, specifically a “Recovery Rate” of 92% indicating that “Recovered cases are defined as persons with initial positive specimen collection date > 42 days who have not expired. Recovery rate is calculated as the recovered cases divided by the sum of recovered cases and deceased cases.” This means the number of recovered is: deaths / 8 * 92 = 5,390 / 8 * 92 = 61,985
May 30, 2020, Saturday
- 23,290 new cases and 1,015 new deaths in the US
May 29, 2020, Friday
- 25,069 new cases and 1,212 new deaths in the US
Louisiana Department of Health: “Due to network technical issues, case and testing data could not be updated today. The data on deaths and hospitalization have not been impacted. Once resolved, LDH will update at the next noon update.”
May 28, 2020, Thursday
Today there are 18,263 new coronavirus cases and 1,505 new deaths in US whereas 6,606 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,699,176 and total recovered persons are 391,508.
May 22, 2020, Friday
Today there are 25,294 new coronavirus cases and 1,263 new deaths in US whereas 4,106 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,577,147 and total recovered persons are 298,418.
May 22, 2020, Friday
8,999 new cases and 546 new deaths in the US
May 21, 2020, Thursday
28,179 new cases and 1,418 new deaths in the US
May 20, 2020, Wednesday
22,140 new cases and 1,403 new deaths in the US
May 19, 2020, Tuesday
20,289 new cases and 1,552 new deaths in the US
May 18, 2020, Monday
22,630 new cases and 1,003 new deaths in the US
May 17, 2020, Sunday
19,891 new cases and 865 new deaths in the US
May 16, 2020, Saturday
23,488 new cases and 1,218 new deaths in the US
May 15, 2020, Friday
Today there are 27,368 new coronavirus cases and 1,779 new deaths in US whereas 2,984 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,417,774 and total recovered persons are 246,414.
May 12, 2020, Tuesday
Today there are 18,621 new coronavirus cases and 1,156 new deaths in US whereas 16,564 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,347,881 and total recovered persons are 232,733.
April 11, 2020, Monday
Today there are 18,196 new coronavirus cases and 1,008new deaths in US whereas new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,392,726 and total recovered persons are 2,63,600.
April 10, 2020, Sunday
- Today there are 20,329 new coronavirus cases and 750new deaths in US whereas new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,392,726 and total recovered persons are 2,63,600.
Lowest number of new cases and lowest number of new deaths since the end of March
NOTE: Data for New York today reflects a -147 reduction in the number of probable COVID-19 deaths reported by New York City [today’s report] [yesterday’s report]. In addition, since New York State’s official tally lags behind with respect to our count, some changes reported today elsewhere were already included in yesterday’s count on our site. The discrepancy becomes more apparent during a period of declining daily new cases and deaths
May 09, 2020, Saturday
Today there are 26,906 new coronavirus cases and 1,518 new deaths in US whereas 378 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,322,163 and total recovered persons are 2,23,749.
May 08, 2020, Friday
- A 5-year-old died in New York City, US on Thursday from what appeared to be a rare syndrome linked to the coronavirus that causes life-threatening inflammation in children, New York State Governor Andrew M. Cuomo said
- This is at least the second death reported worldwide so far after that of a 14-year-old boy in England, according to a study published on May 7 in the journal Lancet [Reference].
- On April 27, the UK NHS had alerted about the new illness, with at least 12 children in the UK requiring intensive care, and an estimated “4.5 cases for every 100,000 children under the age of 18 in the UK“. One of the first reported cases of the illness in the US, a healthy 12-yea-old in Louisiana, almost died a few weeks ago. Between April 17 and May 1, 15 children were hospitalized in New Yor City for the new illness.
May 07, 2020, Thursday
Today there are 24,252 new coronavirus cases and 2,367 new deaths in US whereas 132 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,263,224 and total recovered persons are 213,109.
May 06, 2020, Wednesday
Today there are 24,459 new coronavirus cases and 2,428 new deaths in US whereas 7,028 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,180,375 and total recovered persons are 187,180.
May 05, 2020, Tuesday
Today there are 22,335 new coronavirus cases and 1,240 new deaths in US whereas 7,028 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,180,375 and total recovered persons are 187,180.
May 01, 2020, Friday
Today there are 29,515 new coronavirus cases and 2,029 new deaths in US whereas 33,227 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,069,424 and total recovered persons are 153,947.
April 30, 2020, Thursday
Today there are 24,385 new coronavirus cases and 2,096 new deaths in US whereas 4,512 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,012,582 and total recovered persons are 115,936.
April 28, 2020, Tuesday
Today there are 23196 new coronavirus cases and 1384 new deaths in US whereas 4,436 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 1,010,507 and total recovered persons are 56,803.
April 27, 2020, Monday
- Today Covid-19 162 New Cases and 2 New Deaths in US
April 26, 2020, Sunday
- Today’s Corona-virus 26,509 New Cases and 1,157 New Deaths in US
April 25, 2020, Saturday
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) 35,419 New Cases and 2,065 New Deaths in US
April 24, 2020, Friday
Today there are 526 new coronavirus cases and 24 new deaths in US whereas 18,876 new patients recovered from COVID-19 so the total number of coronavirus cases in US are 925,758 and total recovered persons are 110,432.
April 23, 2020, Thursday
- 29973 new coronavirus cases and 2341 new deaths in the US
April 22, 2020, Wednesday
- Today 25985 new coronavirus cases and 2804 new deaths in the US
April 21, 2020, Tuesday
Today there are 28123 new coronavirus cases and 1939 new deaths in US
Due to the coronavirus crisis, there is an extreme decrease in petrol prices, in the US market. This corresponds from about $0.62/liter to about $1.39/liter. The reasons for the variance, and it could at any time be higher or lower, are many.
Donald Trump’ Statement:
He will suspend Immigration as US Coronavirus deaths pass 42,000.
“In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!”
April 20, 2020, Monday
Today there are 25844 new coronavirus cases and 1561 new deaths in US
States react to Trump’s plan to reopen U.S.
A number of governors said that while they would take President Donald Trump’s new guidelines to reopen state economies under consideration, they were wary of moving too fast in the face of unresolved issues like testing shortages.
But some Americans are calling for a quick return to business as normal and marched on state capitols Friday to make their voices heard. Meanwhile, extremists have interpreted Trump’s recent tweets to “LIBERATE” certain states as a call to arms.
April 19, 2020, Sunday
- 25844 new coronavirus cases and 1561 new deaths in US
Today there are 29057 new coronavirus cases and 1867 new deaths in US
Deal close on more cash for ailing small businesses:
There is an agreement between White House and Congress on the funding for Paycheck Protection Program for small businesses, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said. Mnuchin, appearing on CNN’s State of the Union, said he hoped another $300 billion in small business funding will be passed in the Senate on Monday and in the House on Tuesday. The $349 billion rescue loan program ran out of money on Thursday, just two weeks after it was launched. Democrats have demanded that more money for hospitals and state and local governments be part of the funding deal.
April 18, 2020, Saturday
Today there are 32165 new cases and 2535 new deaths in US
Relief package for farmers:
There is a good news for farmers who have been financially hurt by COVID-19 as US president Donald Trump Has announced a relief package of $19 billion for them.
April 17, 2020, Friday
Today there are 32165 new coronavirus cases and 2535 new deaths in US
April 16, 2020, Thursday
Today 29567 new coronavirus cases and 2176 new deaths in US
The United State of America reported more than 4,500 deaths on Thursday-the nation’s most fatalities in a single day since the beginning of pandemic.President Trump issued guidelines to states yesterday aim at easing social distancing restrictions and reopening parts of the country in three phases.About 14% of the U.S workforce has failed for unemployment in the past month.In Hawii,Michigan and Rhode Island,more than 20% of the state’s workforce has failed for unemployment.
April 14, 2020, Tuesday
Today 3961 new coronavirus cases and 2407 new deaths in US
April 13, 2020, Monday
Today 26641 new coronavirus cases and 1535 new deaths in US
April 12, 2020, Sunday
Today new coronavirus cases 236, and new deaths 3, in US
April 11, 2020, Saturday
Today new deaths 1080, and new coronavirus cases 5250, in US
April 10, 2020, Friday
Today new deaths 2035, and new coronavirus cases 33752, in US.
Note: Puerto Rico withdrew one previously reported death on April 9
April 9, 2020, Thursday
Today new recovered, new coronavirus cases 33606, and new deaths 1901, in US.
The final death toll “looks like 60,000 from 100,000 to 200,000” which US officials previously estimated
- 799 new deaths. The largest number of new deaths so far.
- 18,279 were hospitalized, a net increase of 200 on the last day (the lowest figure in the last period). New admission to the intensive care unit: lowest number since March 19.
- 90,000 statewide hospital beds, with a plan to reach 110,000 beds, if necessary, through a massive corporation
- 18 days after requesting residence in New York
- 39 days from the first case in New York
- 80 days after the first case in the United States of America
April 8, 2020, Wednesday
Today new coronavirus cases 31997, and new deaths 1943, in US.
Note (U.S.): On April 8, we added data on COVID-19 deaths, recovery, and hospitalization that occurred between U.S. military personnel. United States of America, as provided by the US Department of Defense. This data is currently not included in the number of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and was not previously included in our statistics, but from now on we have found a reliable source. The change will retroactively affect dates from March 18 onwards. The data will be displayed under “US Army” in the US table. United States of America
- It records the largest number of deaths daily so far
- Governor Como directs all New York flags flying half of the staff in honor of COVID-19 victims
- The hospital admission rate is decreasing
- The discrepancy is explained by the delay between hospital admission and death.
- Como said the curve is flattened by social exclusion measures
April 7, 2020, Tuesday
Today new deaths 1973, and new coronavirus cases 33502, in US
April 6, 2020 Monday
Today new recovered, new coronavirus cases 28,222, and new deaths 1,212 in the US
An estimated 180 to 195 additional daily deaths occur at a New York City home due to COVID-19 not counted in official figures. “At the beginning of this crisis, we were able to take blood samples from the people who died at home, so we got a reading of coronaviruses. But those days are over. We don’t have the ability to test the large numbers that die at home. Now Mark Levin, the president just said The few who received confirmation of the pre-death test were identified as corona virus victims on the death certificate. This certainly means that we calculate the total number of victims of this epidemic. ” The Health Council of the New York City Council. A committee
A study by disease designers from the University of Texas at Austin, “Given low test rates across the country, we assume that 1 in 10 cases is evaluated and reported. If a county detects only one case of COVID-19, there is 51%
The disease may already spread.
April 5, 2020, Sunday
Today new coronavirus cases 18906, and new deaths 992, in the US
April 4, 2020, Saturday
Today new coronavirus cases 446, new deaths 14 in the US
April 3, 2020, Friday
Today new deaths 32284, and new coronavirus cases 1321 in the US
April 02, 2020, Thursday
Today new coronavirus cases 29874, and new deaths 969 in the US
April 01, 2020, Wednesday
Today new coronavirus cases 26473, and new deaths 1049 in the US
March 31, 2020, Tuesday
Today new deaths 912, and new coronavirus cases 24742 in the US
March 30, 2020, Monday
Today new coronavirus cases 20297, new deaths 558 in the US
March 29, 2020, Sunday
Today new deaths 363, and new coronavirus cases 19913 in the US
March 28, 2020, Saturday
Today new deaths 525, and new coronavirus cases 19452 in the US
March 27, 2020, Friday
Today new coronavirus cases 18691, and new deaths 400 in the US
March 26, 2020, Thursday
Today new deaths 268, new coronavirus cases 27224 in the US
March 25, 2020, Wednesday
Today new coronavirus cases 13355, and new deaths 247 in the US
March 24, 2020, Tuesday
Today new deaths 225, and new coronavirus cases 11075 in the US
March 23, 2020, Monday
Today new coronavirus cases 10189, and new deaths 141 in the US
March 22, 2020, Sunday
Today new deaths 113, new coronavirus cases 9400 in the US
Coronavirus Covid 19 Number Of Cases In United States of America (USA)
- New York
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Rhode Island
- District Of Columbia
- New Mexico
- South Dakota
- New Hampshire
- West Virginia
- North Dakota
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- United States Virgin Islands
- US Military
- Navajo Nation
- Grand Princess Ship
- Wuhan Repatriated
- Diamond Princess Ship
Countries With Highest Number of Coronavirus Cases Worldwide:
Novel Coronavirus COVID 19 is present globally in more than 210 countries and territories. Coronavirus has started from china in December 2019 and rapidly reached all over the world. In a few months, COVID 19 has become a major threat and alarm for the world and humanity. List of Major countries affected with coronavirus is given below
- SOUTH KOREA
- WHO (World Health Organization) Coronavirus updated Cases
- Sheikh, Knvul; Rabin, Roni Caryn (March 10, 2020). “The Coronavirus: What Scientists Have Learned So Far”. The New York Times. Retrieved March 24, 2020.
- Holshue ML, DeBolt C, Lindquist S, Lofy KH, et al. (March 2020). “First Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus in the United States”. N. Engl. J. Med. 382 (10): 929–936. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa2001191. PMC 7092802. PMID 32004427.
- “Coronavirus: the first three months as it happened”. Nature. April 22, 2020. doi:10.1038/d41586-020-00154-w.
- “Second Travel-related Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Detected in United States”. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Second Travel-related Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Detected in United States: The patient returned to the U.S. from Wuhan on January 13, 2020
- “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Cases in U.S.”Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Johns Hopkins CSSE. “Coronavirus COVID19 (2019-nCoV)”(ArcGIS). Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases. Retrieved May 12, 2020.
- Moon, Sarah. “A seemingly healthy woman’s sudden death is now the first known US coronavirus-related fatality”. CNN.
- “CDC Weekly Key Messages: March 29, 2020 as of 10:30 p.m.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. March 29, 2020. Archived from the original on April 28, 2020. Retrieved April 28, 2020.
- Smith, Oliver (April 21, 2020). “The only places on Earth still (apparently) without coronavirus”. The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on April 24, 2020. Retrieved April 28, 2020.
- “Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins”. Retrieved March 25, 2020.
- “COVID-19 Statistics By Country”. Coronavirus Dashboard. Retrieved April 20,2020.
- “COVID-19 deaths worldwide per one million population as of April 21, 2020, by country”, Statista, May 4, 2020
- Raju, Manu; Barrett, Ted; Foran, Clare; Wilson, Kristin (March 25, 2020). “White House, Senate reach historic $2 trillion stimulus deal amid growing coronavirus fears”. CNN. Retrieved March 25, 2020.
- Pramuk, Jacob (March 25, 2020). “Senate passes $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package, sending it to the House”. CNBC. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- Zeballos-Roig, Joseph (March 27, 2020). “Trump signs the $2 trillion coronavirus economic relief bill into law, which includes checks for Americans and business loans”. Business Insider. Retrieved March 27, 2020.
- Re, Gregg (April 21, 2020). “Senate passes $484B ‘Phase 3.5’ coronavirus stimulus package by voice vote amid tensions in chamber”. Fox News. Retrieved April 23,2020.
- Caygle, Heather; Ferris, Sarah (April 23, 2020). “House passes $484 billion relief package after weeks of partisan battles”. Politico. Retrieved April 24, 2020.
- Ryan, Kevin J. (April 24, 2020). “The New PPP Funds Will Run Out Quickly. Apply Anyway”. Inc.com. Retrieved April 26, 2020.
- Carney, Jordain (April 21, 2020). “McConnell hits brakes on ‘phase four’ coronavirus relief”. The Hill. Retrieved April 23, 2020.
- Everett, Burgess; Caygle, Heather (May 11, 2020). “McConnell brushes off Pelosi as she finalizes relief package”. Politico. Retrieved May 12, 2020.
- Moreno, J. Edward (March 13, 2020). “Lawmakers call for universal basic income amid coronavirus crisis”. The Hill. Retrieved March 16, 2020.
- Chan, Christine; Shumaker, Lisa; Maler, Sandra (March 28, 2020). “Confirmed coronavirus cases in U.S. reach 100,000: Reuters tally”. Reuters. Retrieved March 28,2020.
- “U.S. coronavirus deaths top 20,000, highest in world exceeding Italy: Reuters tally”. Reuters. April 11, 2020. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- Steve Almasy; Christina Maxouris; Nicole Chavez. “US coronavirus cases surpass 1 million and the death toll is greater than US losses in Vietnam War”. CNN. Retrieved April 29, 2020.
- “The US has now passed 1 million confirmed Covid-19 cases”. Vox. April 28, 2020. Retrieved April 30, 2020.
- “U.S. Surpasses 1 Million Coronavirus Cases”. NPR. April 28, 2020. Retrieved April 30, 2020.
- “Additional testing capacity, adjustments at King County jails, and other COVID-19 updates from Public Health—Seattle & King County for March 20, 2020”. King County. March 20, 2020. Retrieved March 20, 2020.
- Xu Klein, Jodi (March 26, 2020). “Coronavirus: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo says early signs show social distancing may be working”. South China Morning Post. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- Arnold, Kyle (April 6, 2020). “American Airlines axes most flights to New York area, the country’s COVID-19 epicenter”. Dallas Morning News. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- “New York, New Jersey area remains epicenter of outbreak”. NBC News. April 7, 2020. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- Long, Heather (April 16, 2020). “U.S. now has 22 million unemployed, wiping out a decade of job gains”. The Washington Post. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- COVID-19 Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Among Workers in Meat and Poultry Processing Facilities ― 19 States, April 2020 (Early Release / May 1, 2020 / 69) out of approximately 130,000 workers at 115 facilities in 19 states.
- Galvin, Gaby (May 1, 2020). “CDC: Nearly 5,000 Meat Processing Workers Infected by COVID-19”. U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved May 2, 2020.
- Waldman, Peter (May 7, 2020). “Cold, Crowded, Deadly: How U.S. Meat Plants Became a Virus Breeding Ground”. Bloomberg.
- Bagenstose, Kyle; Chadde, Sky; Wynn, Matt. “USDA inspector dies as coronavirus spreads in meat packing plants”. USA Today. Retrieved April 23, 2020.
- Fernandez, Bob (April 24, 2020). “A U.S meat inspector asks “Is this the day I contract COVID-19?” Meat inspectors lack basic protective equipment and have to scrounge from the plants they cover”. Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved April 24, 2020.
- Eller, Donnelle. “Tyson says it will close its Waterloo pork processing plant indefinitely due to COVID-19”. Des Moines Register.
- “Coronavirus at meatpacking plants worse than first thought, USA TODAY investigation finds”. www.usatoday.com.
- news, Michael E. Ruane closeMichael E. RuaneReporter covering local; institutions, Washington; topicsEmailEmailBioBioFollowFollow, historical. “Two million Delmarva chickens euthanized as virus hobbles processing”. Washington Post.
- Valinsky, Jordan. “Wendy’s restaurants have a beef shortage”. CNN. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- “Meat sales restricted at some grocers as supply chain increasingly volatile amid coronavirus crisis”. May 4, 2020.
- NJ.com, Anthony G. Attrino | NJ Advance Media for (May 5, 2020). “Costco, ShopRite, Wegmans, Whole Foods, others limit meat purchases to avoid food supply chain problems”. nj.
- Murphy, Coral (May 4, 2020). “Costco to temporarily limit meat purchases to 3 items per person”. USA Today. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- Watertown Daily Times (May 4, 2020). “Price Chopper, Tops announce limits on meat”. The Post-Star. Glens Falls, New York. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- Press, The Associated (April 27, 2020). “Coronavirus expected to reduce meat selection, raise prices; Tyson Foods says ‘food supply chain is vulnerable‘“. pennlive.
- “Environmental groups urge Americans to eat more fish while hunkering down against virus”. Los Angeles Times. March 20, 2020. Retrieved May 11, 2020.
- “Coronavirus devastates Bowen’s fishing industry, farmers face uncertain winter – ABC News”. www.abc.net.au. March 22, 2020. Retrieved May 11, 2020.
- editor, Damian Carrington Environment (March 18, 2020). “Coronavirus: ‘severe shock’ to UK fishing as markets dry up”. The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved May 11, 2020.
- Wells, Pete (May 5, 2020). “A Quarantine Surprise: Americans Are Cooking More Seafood”. The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved May 11, 2020.
- Hamada + Wilks, Shingo, Richard (September 11, 2018). Seafood; Ocean to Plate. Routledge. pp. Chapter 4. ISBN 9781138191877.
- “Economic impact of U.S. commercial, recreational fishing remains strong | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration”. www.noaa.gov. Retrieved May 12, 2020.
- “Can American seafood survive the COVID-19 tidal wave?”. Marketplace. May 6, 2020. Retrieved May 12, 2020.
- Hunt, Kasie; Caldwell, Leigh Ann; Tsirkin, Julie; Shabad, Rebecca (March 17, 2020). “White House eyeing $1 trillion coronavirus stimulus package”. NBC News. Retrieved March 18, 2020.
- Singman, Brooke (March 17, 2020). “Trump wants to send Americans checks ‘immediately’ in response to coronavirus, Mnuchin says”. Fox News Channel. Retrieved March 18, 2020.
- Breuninger, Kevin (March 19, 2020). “Trump wants direct payments of $1,000 for adults, $500 for kids in coronavirus stimulus bill, Mnuchin says”. CNBC. Retrieved March 20, 2020.
- Re, Gregg (March 19, 2020). “McConnell’s coronavirus stimulus plan would provide payments of $1,200 per person, $2,400 for couples”. Fox News Channel. Retrieved March 20, 2020.
- Bolton, Alexander (March 20, 2020). “Democrats balk at $1,200 rebate checks in stimulus plan”. The Hill. Retrieved March 20, 2020.
- Clifford, Catherine (March 13, 2020). “Andrew Yang, AOC, Harvard professor: Free cash payments would help during coronavirus pandemic”. CNBC. Retrieved March 16,2020.
- Lahut, Jake (March 16, 2020). “Tom Cotton is calling for Americans to get cash payments through the coronavirus outbreak”. Business Insider. Retrieved March 18,2020.
- Baker, Peter (April 1, 2020). “Trump Confronts a New Reality Before an Expected Wave of Disease and Death”. The New York Times.
- “WHO Statement Regarding Cluster of Pneumonia Cases in Wuhan, China”. www.who.int. 2020-01-09. Archived from the original on 2020-01-14. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- “Novel Coronavirus 2019, Wuhan, China”. www.cdc.gov (CDC). 2020-01-23. Archived from the original on 2020-01-20. Retrieved 2020-01-23.
- Li F, Li W, Farzan M, Harrison SC (September 2005). “Structure of SARS coronavirus spike receptor-binding domain complexed with receptor”. Science. 309(5742): 1864–68. Bibcode:2005Sci…309.1864L. doi:10.1126/science.1116480. PMID 16166518.